We work hard to be the best in our industry and work just as hard to be a fantastic employer. Come join our winning team and grow with us!
Located in Bethesda, MD, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) is an innovative company with a unique set of services specific to Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management and Absence Management. MCA has an immediate opening for an Account Manager to join our growing team and work with a high profile client.
Managed Care Advisors
- Provides an exciting and fast paced work environment
- Provides growth opportunities and cultivates talent
- Celebrates our individual and team successes together
- Provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Supports a team oriented work atmosphere
- Located within walking distance of the metro in Bethesda, MD
The Account Manager supports a dedicated client team in executing and ensuring successful project delivery according to Client objectives and timelines. This includes timely delivery of all contractual deliverables, coordinating efforts of internal team members with the client, managing logistics, and creating project timelines. The Account Manager is required to maintain a professional working relationship with assigned key account personnel developing an authentic working partnership. He or she plays a central role working alongside the Client Services SVP, Project Manager, and subcontractor while also seeking to ensure timely and successful delivery of services according to client needs. The Account Manager has a detailed knowledge of MCA’s program, capabilities, applications, practices, and processes thereby providing the client with the most appropriate services. The Account Manager position is located in Bethesda, MD.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute project activities according to the project plan/scope of work.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule to identify the duration of the project, dependencies, key milestones, deliverables and critical paths to ensure an effective and timely project delivery.
- Develop a masterful working knowledge of MCA applications, practices and processes.
- Responsible for client communications, assisting with conflict resolution, and client expected deliverables.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our program according to customer needs, objectives and contract requirements.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively gather and analyze data to successfully position the SVP with the customer regarding the program’s performance.
- Identify and request ad-hoc reports for customers and external vendors (pharmacy, etc.).
- Maintain accurate information in internal customer relationship management tools.
- Collaborate with SVP to create strategic customer business plans.
- Create and maintain a customer scorecard (including trends, adoption, and improvement opportunities for member tools and programs)
- Support third party audits.
- Support internal projects.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customer supporting client retention.
- Ensure client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner and the SVP is promptly informed of any account problems which may arise.
- Communicate regularly with the Network Provider Relations Manager to ensure client needs and expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
- Retain client(s) and ensure contracts are renewed.
- Coordinate consistent and timely site visits with Network Provider Relations Manager.
- Responsible for other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years’ prior customer service/account management within an organization, the healthcare system or the insurance industry
- 2 years’ industry, operational, or customer service/client relations experience
- Ability to travel 20% locally and nationally
- Knowledge of the healthcare system and industry. Broad based knowledge of claims and the insurance industry functions and operations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers, the client, customer, and the general public
- Work independently as a self-starter committed to delivering the highest in customer service, quality and results
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including public speaking and presentations
- Superb relationship-building skills
- Strong computer skills
- Able to pass a preliminary credit and background check
- United States Citizenship
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of employee upon hire. A successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check, and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.
Please complete the job application via the link below: