We work to be the best in our industry and work just as hard to be a fantastic employer. Come join our winning team and grow with us! Do you enjoy interacting and working with fun, talented people? Are you a forward-thinking problem solver with an energetic and strong work ethic? MCA has an immediate opening for a communications specialist to join our growing team.
Located in Bethesda, MD, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) is an innovative company with a unique set of services specific to Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management and Absence Management.
Managed Care Advisors
- Provides an exciting and fast paced work environment
- Provides growth opportunities and cultivates talent
- Celebrates our individual and team successes
- Provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Supports a team oriented work atmosphere
- Is located within walking distance of the metro in Bethesda, MD
The Health Program Communications Specialist will work with a Project Manager, Account Manager, Senior Leadership, and clients in planning, designing, implementing and distributing program communications. Responsibilities will include drafting information and content for external consumption, updating and maintaining the program’s public communication information systems (website, social media, SharePoint, etc.), acting as a writer/editor for all program needs, and creating visually appealing program materials and presentations. The specialist can also expect to participate in program support activities such as building purposeful meeting agendas and creating professional looking deliverables.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competencies in the following areas:
- Creating informational messages for target audiences. Messages should be organized and presented in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- Writing compelling documents in styles appropriate to the program and the company
- Effectively communicating thoughts, ideas and facts
- Developing dynamic presentations
- Providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing or equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in writing and communications or
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Communications or Marketing with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing and communications
- Proficient using MS Office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Visio. Proficient using Adobe Creative Suites a plus
- Experience developing strategic communications
- Experience creating graphs, tables, and diagrams for use in company proposals and communications materials.
- Ability to review and edit website content for clear and effective messaging
- Ability to transform complicated subject matter and diverse source material into coherent, engaging and accurate communications for a variety of audiences
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized with strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to proofread and edit materials using consistent style across all communications.
- Ability to thoroughly understand industry trends, current events, emerging technologies, etc.
- Prepare status reports that are accurate and timely
- Ability to pass a preliminary credit and background check
- United States Citizenship
MCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected Veteran status. We participate in the US Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of employee upon hire. Successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements here: