Located in Bethesda, MD, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) is an innovative company with a unique set of services specific to Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management and Absence Management. MCA has immediate openings for bright, caring, and motivated telephonic Nurse Case Managers (NCMs). These are nationwide opportunities to work from home and support a client based in New York City.
Managed Care Advisors:
- Provides an exciting and fast paced work environment
- Celebrates our individual and team successes together
- Supports a team oriented work atmosphere
- Provides telephonic work opportunities
The NCM will be part of a national team providing case management services in support of a number of contracts.
This position provides an ideal opportunity for an organized, talented, and motivated NCM to work independently in a home office setting while still being part of a supportive team. Through the application of a unique mix of experience and certification, the NCM supports a large Health Program whose members have diagnoses in the fields of oncology, environmental disease, occupational illnesses and injuries, and mental health disorders. The NCM provides specialized clinical case management for oncology patients, delivered within the National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines for cancer care, emphasizes timely facilitation and coordination of diagnosis, acute and chronic phases of treatment and palliative care, including end-of-life support. In addition to oncology expertise, the NCM is also attuned to conditions caused by environmental and occupational factors. The NCM will be responsible for developing a case management plan for each injured worker throughout the various stages of recovery.
Position requirements include:
- Unrestricted State Registered Nursing License
- Oncology Background
- 3-5 years related clinical experience in medical case management, occupational health and/or a comparable field. Oncology background preferred for identified positions.
- 3+ years case management experience
- National certification in case management or related field or obtained within 12 months of date of hire
- Strong communication skills (verbal and interpersonal)
- Attention to detail and timetables
- Commitment to completing tasks
- Ability to work with a team
- Experience with Microsoft Windows
- Established Home office with internet router in the office
- Cable or Fiber Optic Internet connection
- United States Citizenship
- Upon hire, a federal security clearance will be required
- Ability to pass a preliminary credit and background check
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of each employee upon hire. A successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check, and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume via the application below.
No Phone Calls Please.