We work to be the best in our industry and work just as hard to be a fantastic employer. Come join our winning team and grow with us! Managed Care Advisors (MCA), a rapidly expanding Health Services, Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, and Disability Management Company located in Bethesda, MD has an immediate opening for an Occupational Medicine Review Physician to join our growing team.
Managed Care Advisors
- Provides an exciting and fast-paced work environment
- Celebrates our individual and team successes
- Provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Supports a team-oriented work atmosphere
- Provides remote work opportunities
The Occupational Medicine Review Physician provides support to several MCA accounts, working under the supervision of the Medical Director and/or the Chief Medical Officer. This role is responsible for performing case reviews for complicated workers’ compensation cases and providing clinical guidance related to case management. The Occupational Medicine Review Physician may also provide consultation services related to occupational medicine, health benefits, and disability systems; develop and/or deliver training materials; participate in research and analysis related to risks and outcomes; write protocols and/or procedures; participate in quality improvement activities; and provide support to other core business lines. As a representative of MCA, the Occupational Medicine Review Physician may be expected to attend occasional client meetings, conferences or marketing events.
- Perform requested physician reviews for federal workers’ compensation clients
- Monitor work list to ensure requested reviews are completed within one week, and notify supervisor if a problem is anticipated in meeting this expectation
- Adhere to MCA protocols related to case management recommendations and strategies
- Work with the clinical management team in the development or revision of clinical protocols, procedures, and templates
- Notify supervisor if any quality concerns arise
Occupational Health Consulting
- Program development, implementation, monitoring, and oversight
- Research and respond to specific occupational medicine clinical issues, such as causation, exposure and risk assessment, and clinical care
- Analyze population data
- Develop and deliver on personal quality improvement goals (e.g. SMART goals).
- Lead or participate in cross-department, company-wide or client-specific quality improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Chief Medical Officer, VP, Case Management, Senior VP, Client Services and Chief Operating Officer to identify and meet training needs of case management, account management, and technical solutions staff.
- Participate in the development and delivery of training to staff and customers.
- Attend internal and external client meetings as needed.
- Attend in-person and remote MCA staff meetings.
- Participate in or lead clinical leadership meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Licensed Physician.
- Board Certified in Occupational Medicine with at least 6 years’ experience in Occupational Medicine.
- Significant demonstrable experience in the federal workers’ compensation system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and technological literacy.
- Ability to pass a preliminary credit and background check.
- Ability to pass federal security clearance for each agency for which services are to be provided.
- United States Citizenship
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of employee upon hire. Successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check, and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.