We work to be the best in our industry and work just as hard to be a fantastic employer. Come join our winning team and grow with us!
Located in Bethesda, MD, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) is an innovative company with a unique set of services specific to Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management and Absence Management. MCA has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team.
Managed Care Advisors
- Provides an exciting and fast-paced work environment
- Provides growth opportunities and cultivates talent
- Celebrates our individual and team successes together
- Provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Supports a team oriented work atmosphere
- Is located within walking distance of the metro in Bethesda, MD
Are you a trailblazer and problem solver who can take ownership and add value to a project?
Are you able to anticipate customer needs and proactively integrate their present and anticipated requirements into service delivery?
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute and ensure successful project delivery according to the objectives, timelines and budget set out by the business. This includes managing the project, coordinating efforts of internal team members with the client, managing logistics, creating project timelines and scope of work documents. The Project Manager monitors alignment between the project and the organization through effective stakeholder management as well as communication and change management. The successful candidate will be expected to build and maintain strong working relationships with the Program Manager, team members, and other vendors involved in the execution of our client engagement. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, and handle short turnaround assignments. The Project Manager position is based in Bethesda, MD.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and manage processes required to identify and verify scope, requirements and components of the project to ensure clear project requirements are achieved so that delivery meets business expectations.
- Define scope of the project in collaboration with the client and then manage delivery of contract requirements given the delivery schedule, budget, and resource availability.
- Create detailed project timelines and work plans which identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully support the program.
- Ensure project data, updates, and metrics are uploaded into appropriate project management technologies and applications in order to accurately predict project outcome, team performance, and delivery of successful projects.
- Establish a communication schedule to update internal and external stakeholders and appropriate project members on the current status of project.
- Work with the SVP to determine the resources required to successfully complete the project requirements.
- Coordinate project kickoff meetings in collaboration with the SVP and Program Manager to review planning guidelines, align and engage all stakeholders, and set the tone for a successful project.
- Execute and maintain the project according to the project plan/scope of work.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule to identify the duration of the project, dependencies, key milestones, deliverables and critical paths to ensure an effective and timely project delivery.
- Monitor progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful progression of the program.
- Ensure all financial records for the project are current and project deliverables are completed on time, within budget and meet the required quality level.
- Participate in active conversations and feedback sessions as well as conduct surveys to gather client feedback and determine customer satisfaction throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Maintain and develop relationships with colleagues, client, subcontractors, vendors, and the community to reinforce a commitment to world class client service.
- Work closely with Program Manager and SVP on deliverables, outcomes, coordination of budget, cost, and team performance.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations with the project team by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors at all times.
- Manage all processes involved in budgeting, monitoring and controlling costs in accordance with financial management guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with field team members as well as keep them active in decision-making.
- Manage, lead, or administer project resources.
- Monitor project activities and resources to mitigate risk.
- Implement or maintain quality assurance processes.
- Make improvements, solve problems, or take corrective action when problems arise.
- Give presentations or briefings on all aspects of the project.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred
- 10-15 years federal government and health care related Project Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills
- Effective project management skills, Project Management Certification a plus
- Superior customer service skills working proactively and collaboratively with clients
- Proficient use of MS Office with an emphasis on Outlook
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Share Point
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and adjust priorities
- Ability to pass a preliminary credit and background check
- United States Citizenship
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of each employee upon hire. A successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements via the form below: