Located in Bethesda, MD, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) is an innovative company with a unique set of services specific to Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management and Absence Management. MCA has an immediate opening for a bright, caring, and motivated telephonic Supervisor, Nurse Case Manager. This is a nationwide opportunity to work from home and support a large client in New York City.
Managed Care Advisors:
- Provides an exciting and fast paced work environment
- Celebrates our individual and team successes together
- Supports a team oriented work atmosphere
- Provides telephonic work opportunities
The Supervisor, Nurse Case Manager will be part of a national team providing case management services in support of a large health program contract.
The Supervisor develops and leads professional clinical and non-clinical staff in required activities which facilitate and support quality, cost efficient outcomes and minimize fragmentation of healthcare delivery. The Supervisor has experience and expertise in the Case Management process and coaches the staff on the RN – patient – physician collaborative process of assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation to address patients holistically. The Supervisor supports and coordinates the operation’s effectiveness across the continuum of onsite and telephonic case management. The Supervisor assists staff in understanding and demonstrating the ability to integrate the needs of consumers, customers and the business. The Supervisor will meet with client representatives, physician practices and other members of the health care system to develop relationships which facilitate communication and coordination as needed.
- Directly supervises assigned staff
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Motivates and inspires team members
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Current, unrestricted RN license
- Case Management certification
- 5+ years’ clinical experience as an RN within a hospital, acute care, home health care, direct care and/or case management environment
- 5+ years’ experience in Nursing with at least 5 years’ experience in workers’ compensation, case management or disability management.
- 2+ years’ experience as supervisor
- 2+ years’ experience in Customer Support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Strong people management, organization, decision making, and analytical skills with emphasis on attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Able to travel to the New York and New Jersey area
- Experience in managing staff with ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of personality types across different internal environments
- Professional maturity to handle confidential and delicate team and client issues
- Established home office with internet router located in the office
- Cable or Fiber Optic internet connection
- United States Citizenship
- Upon hire, a federal security clearance will be required
- Able to pass a preliminary credit and background check
- Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care experience
- Relationship management experience
- Ability to drive productivity
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working with the needs of oncology and occupational disease patients
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of each employee upon hire. A successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check, and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume via the application below. No Phone Calls Please.